- Interventions that increase persistence for underrepresented groups (women, minorities, first-generation college students)
- Innovative technological tools that increase student retention at universities
- Partnered with Verner D’souza, M+I Lab created ADA which is an advisory tool that uses classic motivation principles and clean design to enhance advisors' and students' experience in college.
How is goal pursuit affected by other people?
- Stereotypes (beliefs about one’s and other’s group identities)
- Projection (assumptions about other’s motivational states)
- Transference (assumptions about other’s personal attributes)